Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Joys

Whenever I see my kids getting a new toy, or a crunchy snack (chips) or ice cream or candy, they are so overjoyed and really makes their day. I wish I can be like them.. I am actually once like them, and that was decades back. One character that i need to keep developing is to be grateful and thankful for simple blessings that I often overlooked.

Couple of days ago I bought my usual cup of Mocha Frap in Starbucks at Fully Booked Serendra, the cashier told me that my receipt is entitled to a free tall size drink if i logged in to their website and fill in a survey. So I did.. and here's my freebie: Dark Mocha Frappuccino!

I was with my Daughter and we passed by Bestsellers by National Bookstore, and a nice young lady (Regent Merchandiser) gave us this sample snack.. another freebie, and its taste really good!
My daughter hoarding the crunchy sticks!

Thank God for giving me the wisdom to appreciate small things like these. I pray for the rest of my life, I'll be thanking God each day for the life that..
He gave me;

my DH;
my kids,

our health,

the time with my parents & in laws,
the ability to work & serve Jesus at workplace,
our talents & wits;
our home;

keeping us safe & protected;

providing for our needs & many times desires;

the strength to do sports & join competitions;
surrounded by great family & good friends;
a heart that has peace;
a mind that is focused on the Truth;

Thank you Lord for your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment