Monday, June 29, 2009

Farewell Dear Amah 1927-2009

Did you see my last post, June 15? I mentioned my Grandma has been out of the hospital? That day at 7.30 am, I spoke to her over the phone, she sounds ok & jolly, not knowing that will be my last conservation with her.

2 years ago, she was diagnosed to have Thyroid Cancer Stage 3. The family was shocked in disbelief. Everyone secretly cried. From then on we all realized her mortality and started to spend time with her, more. Even my parents who lived overseas would often come to visit her. By the way, she is the Mother of my mom.

People who knew me knows that I grew up with her. In my eulogy I said: She is more of a Mother to me than a grandmother. She took care of me and my brother, she cooked our meals, gave our allowances; she's always there because my parents were both busy working in Hong Kong. I cannot give justice to an amazing woman like her thru words.. I'm grieving for your loss, but I'll see you one day in Heaven.." My voice cracking, shaking & I just broke down.

June 15, 6pm she was rushed to the hospital because the thyroid has become big and she eventually got choked hence loss of air to her heart and brain. She was flat-lined when she arrived Manila Doctor's. However the team of Doctors revived her heart and her BP came back to normal, but considered coma already. I'm still questioning myself, I think she died and came back to life? Did she saw Jesus when her heart stopped inside the car? After 20 minutes inside the car that she didn't breath, she was revived?! Miracle.

My mom was hysterical, she took the 1st plane out of Hong Kong June 16, Tuesday morning. All family members are present in the hospital room. While I, kept talking to my Grandma and sharing the Gospel to her in fookien. I asked the nurse if she can hear me, nurse said yes, coma patient can hear.


June 17 morning, her heart is weakening and she had fever caused by UTI. Her veins are collapsing as well, and full dose of medicine just to keep her heart pumping. She went flat-lined again at 2.30pm and doctors trying to revived for 30 minutes. This time, the Lord took her home.

I don't know how to describe the pain, we are all there to witness her being gone, forever. I will not see her again in this lifetime. But one day, Amah, I will see you.


2 weeks we've been all sleepless taking care of the wake & funeral. She was laid to rest June 21, 2009. Thank you for all who came & prayed & comforted us.

Thank you Amah for the love & care. You will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment