Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Travelog: Dining at Batik Asian Cuisine, Maryland!

I'm back. I'm well na. Thanks for those who prayed for me. I had an awesome weekend with my kids in Subic. I'll do a separate post for that.

Continuing my US travelog, I'm so proud of cousin-in-laws Henry & Emily Sy who owns/operate this restaurant called "Batik Asian Cuisine and Dumpling Bar". We stayed at their house with a huge backyard while we were in Maryland for 5 days. This is towards the end of our trip so we are just chilling and relaxed, took subways to go to DC.. etc.

This couple is super hardworking. Emily is in charge of all the recipes!! This girl is a superwoman.She formulated South East Asian Cuisine for this restaurant. She created the menu, location/interiors of the place/marketing/pricing and during business hours she transforms into a waitress! I love the Laksa and Beef Kway Teow!





that's Henry! hahaha


according to Emily, most of her decors came from Boracay, and provinces in Philippines


al fresco dining at the 2nd floor



We also met the chef.. forgot her name. Look at her strong hands!


and the FOOD!



If you're in the area of Gaithersburg, Maryland. You must go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment