Monday, October 26, 2009

Will You Tri?

Speedo National Age Group Final Leg. October 18, 2009 at Ayala Alabang, Swim-Bike-Run: Conquered!




Adidas King Of The Road October 25, 2009 10KM run: Conquered!




My friends asked me why I do what I do...  running, biking and swimming. What I tell them, my story and sort of a testimony on how, by the grace of God, He can change a couch potato like me into a disciplined athlete. I'm still a progressing beginner :)

Just over a year ago, I had my annual blood test and found my cholesterol is at a threatening level! People were surprised because I am never overweight. As a matter of fact, I've always been eating properly and conscious of my weight and body. My Pediatric Doctor and dear friend Dr. JTS suggests that I start exercising and do sports instead of taking medicine and be dependent for life.. We concluded that it's in the genes of my family to have high 'bad' cholesterol, diabetes, cancer etc..

Just also last year cousins in law CC, EC and DH and friends have been joining Sunday Run Races usually at the Fort or McKinley. I was dragged to join the 3km. And since then I did not stop running. This year I vowed to be a regular swimmer and do spinning at the gym for cross training along running. I also had my cholesterol check and it was down to 190. Still on the high side but so glad its not in the "dangerous" level anymore!

Have you had your health checked lately? There are a lot of exercises that you can start working on. Health is wealth!

No comments:

Post a Comment