Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Somewhat Emotional

My Dear Daughter turns 3 last October 3. October 2 they announced that Typhoon Parma (Pepeng) is hitting Philippines, including Metro Manila. Of course, with the trauma that the Filipinos went thru Typhoon "Ondoy", I called my immediate family the plans of celebrating her birthday will be postponed. I was one of the many Filipinos who went to the grocery that day and stocked up my pantry. I even bought my 2nd unit of emergency light. I bought a small chocolate cake and some cute "do-it-yourself" sugar decor, just to let my daughter blow her cake on her actual birthday..

I'm so sure thousands of Filipinos are praying.

October 3 came, and there was no rain..the storm has been diverted to Northern Luzon-Cagayan. Metro Manila was spared. How amazing.. if only ALL Filipinos pray like that everyday.. Our country will be so blessed.

Anyway, here's the simple cake that I prepared first thing in the morning.





She loveees it! She gave me the sweetest smile and said "Thank you Mommy" and my Dear Son was also excited.

It is 8.30am and I kept observing the weather. By 10am I decided to push thru with the gathering. I'm a mother, and I am the one who's excited to see the REAL cake!



Animal Mechanicals Cake by Kitchen Krafts

To those who watch Playhouse Disney channel, you should know this show. They are my kids absolute favorite. I provided Kitchen Krafts with the picture I downloaded over the internet. My kids were ecstatic!





My little girl. She rocks my world with her curly hair; her dimples; sassy character. It was just like yesterday, she was born in Hong Kong via Lamaze and I took care of my new born for 3 weeks without yaya, or help from anyone. It was just me and her.

Don't grow up so fast my little one... Yes, I became emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment