Friday, February 5, 2010

February Race + Lululemon

I miss blogging. Sorry I've been busy.

This month I'm joining 2 running events.

The Condura 2010 Run For The Dolphins. This event marked my 1st anniversary for my injury. To those who know me, last year's condura run was the worst 'fall' I had encountered for this sport. It was just like yesterday, oh well. I've moved on.



My Bib & DH's Bib. He's doing the 21km Half Marathon.



The loot that comes with our Race Kit. 


And the Century Superbods Run with Coach Rio.

Singlet and the loot from my race kit


Both are well marketed race events and I'm so sure that thousands of runners will be there. I remember 2 years ago when I started joining running events, I'm paying about P200-300 per race. Now they are charging P500-750 per race, depending on the distance. Everyone is joining the bandwagon, which is good for cardio exercise. More sponsors are throwing in money because of good exposure. Running is definitely the new black. 

To yoga fanatics, I'm so sure you know LULULEMON. They have the complete line of apparel for yoga, and running. I think it is one of the best inventions for work-out apparel. I buy my collection on-line and have it shipped to my place. Locally they are available at Aura Athletica in Rockwell Powerplant Mall.


 


Years ago I am not very particular with the "brand" of work-out apparel, I stick to the usual Nike, Adidas etc.  However when I started running more than 5km, I noticed that my tummy (where the garter shorts touches) and between my legs have painful chaffing! When I take my shower it stings really bad. My cousin in law CQC, whose very athletic, introduced me to buy Lululemon.

One of the features was all their clothes have flat seaming.This prevents chafing and irritation caused by bulky seams.

I checked the price on-line and wow, they are pretty expensive. So i bought just one pair of running shorts and compression tights. After I tried it myself.. I'm sold I'm addicted. I started buying all colors, different designs, some newly acquired crops are not in the picture. Admittedly I hoarded, but hey, because I'm active, they are all used and abuse by me, so it was really worth it.



 

  

  

  

 that's me in blue wearing my 'lulu'



 

 and Le Anne Rimes in 'lululemon'


I hope Lululemon Management gets to read my post, I've been raving it to my friends how I love it! I don't mind them sending me 'samples'; 'broken sizes' hehehe...

Now back to training.



1 comment:

  1. hi evs! just read this post. like you, i stick to nike and adidas, but lately i have heard a lot of people rave about skins. will have to buy compression shorts/pants. i feel like my old ones are, well, old. yeah from 2007 pa upto now. hehehe! i should hang it up. :)

    ReplyDelete