Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ready for 2010?





Folks, we are nearing the end of 2009! Are your ready for 2010? I don't want to make resolutions but I always try to do my best to remember the important things that counts for "eternal".

For me, as it is an everyday reminder until God takes me home one day, I will have to keep on working/growing in these areas highlighted in RED

1 Corinthians 14:3:8
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Yesterday while having our discipleship brunch at Edsa Shangri-la, two of my d-girls shared about their  friend, only 31 years old, passed away from brain aneurysm. It was a sudden death. She just gave birth 4 months ago to a baby girl. Her husband, family were all in shock and the grief is just overwhelming. Hours later after I finished all my errands for the day, the reality of death sinks in to me, and I thought, if it can happen to her, it can happen to anyone, including me, anytime, any moment. Am I ready? I thought about my young children.. I thought about my husband. Last night i had a long discussion with DH and I started to make "bilin". He looked at me and said "In case anything like that happens, either one of us go, God will take care of you, God will take care of me." Yeah, that's a profound truth, it is His promise. Then I felt better, and slept the night away..

The events today reminded me, live each day as if your last..



No comments:

Post a Comment