Friday, November 13, 2009

In Love with: Kaiya Eve

The first time I read about Kaiya Eve at Daphne's blog, it was love at first sight. My instinct was to go to their website right away and research the whole line of clothing, who's the genius behind the designs and where to buy it! The designer is Kandi Lightner, and the brand Kaiya Eve is her daughter's name.

I must have spent about an hour doing it and was so convince that my Dear Daughter should have a set! Locally they are available at Shop Familia, a small kiddie store at La'o Center, just outside of San Lorenzo Village's gate in Makati.

I went to check it out to make sure the Pettiskirts are soft and wearable as it claims. When I saw it, I'm SOLD. These skirts are made of layers and layers of the softest chiffon. But I did not see the color that I like. The selection are pretty limited. I decided to buy on-line in US.

If you check their site, the brand has grown really popular among Hollywood celebrities, which includes Kimora lee Simmons!! Her daughters wearing Kaiya Eve Pettiskirts.


 
Dakota Fanning wore the skirt at the 2003 Teen Choice Award. After her photo appeared in People Magazine, Kandi Lightner received hundreds of orders from girls across the nation.



Going back to my purchase, this is what I chose for my Dear Daughter.. I chose a size 6, even though she's only 3 years old. From reviews, these skirts can be worn for years because of the elasticity.



Fast forward after a week and a half..Yey I'm so excited when it arrived. I am so kilig like it's my new dress hahaha




 


If you can only see her swirling and playing and tip-toeing with her new skirt. It was so beautiful and lovely!!

Now I'm in trouble because I am obsessing with this one..zebra print with pink lining! Good thing no size available.. yet! I want it again.



It's not very cheap, but definitely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    i also knew about kaiya eve thru daphne's journal and i'm obsessing about it but shop familia's stocks are quite limited.
    i just want to ask where were you able to buy online? i haven't purchased anything from the US online yet so i'm quite apprehensive.
    Your reply is gladly appreciated.
    Thanks:)

    Aileen
    atmroque@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete