Monday, September 28, 2009

Let's Help

I was not in Manila when this major flood disaster happened last Saturday, however I was at Hong Kong Airport and scheduled to fly home at 6PM. To cut the whole story short, our flights were cancelled. My knowledge of what's been happening in Manila was thru overseas phone calls with DH, who's already telling me not to come home.. and the  free wi-fi at the airport which i got some updates from friends at Facebook. Hong Kong weather is extremely hot and sunny, so when I saw these pictures over the internet, I was in shocked, and could not comprehend what's been happening...






I was worried for my kids, I kept texting DH to stay with the kids. Our home has no electricity from 3pm Saturday-3am Sunday. We're blessed to live in a condo, Thank you Lord, for sparing me, my family. Our home, cars, things are intact. Today I saw the aftermath of the storm.. I am still grateful for God's protection to my family and was moved to help.

Please join my home church, Christ Commission Fellowship (CCF) efforts. Daily 9-5 repacking of relief goods. Donations needed; those who are moved to distribute on site to hard-hit areas may go with the trucks.Cash donations will be receipted. Different ways to help please call Tel 635-4971-77.

Stay safe and pray for our country.


No comments:

Post a Comment