Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Michael Jackson, Gone Too Soon..

I don't know what's wrong with me I've been crying since I heard that Michael Jackson is dead. It's been close to 3 weeks and I still can't get enough of him. I'm watching his videos; I've been digging my closet for my old CD's; I've watch almost all of his interviews in YouTube; Am I the only one who felt hurt by the sudden death and guilty for judging him in the past? He passed away a week after my grandmother died.


Picture of MJ during the 2005 Trial

Partly because I grew up listening to his music. My brother used to buy those cassette tapes and LP records and collects them. Everyday we listens to "Billie Jean", "Thriller", "Say,Say,Say" etc. We memorized the lyrics and we just think he's phenomenal. Until the 90's I listened to "You Are Not Alone" millions of times and it got me through a bad break-up. Soon after those issues involved him of the scandals; I was not really up-to-date towards Hollywood news but i confessed I read tabloids whenever I visit my Hair salon and I am guilty of "sort of believing" what is being written about him. I realized sometimes we are being judgmental by what we read, and bad news SELLS!!


one of the "trashy" tabloid that manipulated and twisted the facts about MJ. Worst they chose this picture for the cover. Media can be ruthless & heartless just to make $$


Not until now, I started researching about him; his defense to the accusations; his statements; his message to his fans; and the loving relationship he had with his children. Boom!! I've been converted all over again. These videos I'm posting are not new but now has become my favorite, it makes me cry and cry. My husband thinks I'm "baliw".

This is his 1993 statement. He looks hurt and weak. Poor Michael was abused by police authorities :(




This is his 2005 statement regarding the 2nd accuser. Michael looks stronger and ready to fight this case.



But then again, he talks about police brutalities :(




Another reason I get emotional is because I strongly believe he has been redeemed from all his trials. God cleared his name before He took him home. He is not guilty in all the charges against him and look how his children & brothers speaks highly about him.





Matt Lauer interviews Jermaine Jackson





Michael's home video with his kids




Am i bothered by the way he looked? Not at all. As I have said, I'm totally converted and loving his song "Childhood". He said in his interview, that this is the most honest song he had written about himself, and he wants all his fans to listen to this song.



Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart...
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities...
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the ChildhoodI've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates and adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,
Have you seen my Childhood?
People say I'm strange that way
'Cause I love such elementary things,
It's been my fate to compensate,
For the Childhood I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like fantastical stories to share
The dreams I would dare, watch me fly...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.
The painful youth I've had

Have you seen my Childhood....

I realized, each one of us has our issues, problems in this life. And we hated it when people judge us by the lack of knowledge and facts. Folks, let's not be like that, condemning and criticizing; not only because I'm a fan of MJ, he's also a sinner like us. Let's not judge & condemn our love ones, family, friends, acquaintance etc. It is very damaging to others and degrading to our own character. No wonder Jesus kept reminding us to love one another. We are only accountable to the ONE who created us.

This is my tribute to Michael Jackson. Thank you for the music, your courage & inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evelyn!

    First time to visit your blog... didn't know you are such a fan of MJ. :)

    Tina Ong

    ReplyDelete